Calling with dokiPal
dokiPal supports 3 types of calls: Video, Voice and Data Calling
- Video call uses data and utilizes dokiPal's built-in camera so that you can see your kids while calling them
- Voice call uses calling minutes to call to/from dokiPal. This is like initiating a call from your phone to another phone number.
- Data call (VOIP), like the name suggests, uses data to make calls to/from dokiPal. This is similar to calling from Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp.
For a step-by-step guide please refer to this article
Messaging with dokiPal
The Doki App includes a built-in messaging feature, that will allow you to send messages to your child's dokiPal with ease. In return, kids can send voice notes, emojis and even photos with their dokiPal right to your app.
Messaging from Doki App to watch
1. Open app and choose the child you would like to message by tapping on their icon
2. Tap “message” and type or send an emoji
3. To send a voice message, hold the microphone icon
From watch to app
1. Tap contact and select which contact you would like to message.
2. Tap to select and tap the pink bottom-right button to message
- Emoji selector, swipe to see more options and short-text replies
- Record a voice message
- Swipe up to send a photo through camera or gallery
Send photos & videos
Please note that due to storage limitations, dokiPal cannot receive any videos from doki App. To send photos and videos
Sending photos and videos from dokiPal to Doki App
1. On dokiPal messaging page, tap the bottom arrow
2. Tap the send photo button (Orange icon)
Sending photos from Doki App to dokiPal
1. On Doki App messaging page, tap arrow button on the bottom left
2. Tap Camera to take a photo to send now, tap gallery to choose a photo in phone storage