Personal information collected through the Doki App: Through the Doki App we may collect your name, email address, date of birth, billing information and other personal information, as well as that of the child who will use the Device. We do not collect personal information from you unless you voluntarily provide it to us.
Location-based information collected through the Doki Service: The Device automatically and constantly collects information about the physical location of the Device when it is activated. This information is acquired through numerous methods, including GPS, cell towers and wi-fi hot spots, which are enhanced over time as we follow the Device, collect more information and improve our tracking. You may not disable location-based data collection from the Device. We may also collect such location-based information through your use of the Doki App.
Calls/audio collected through the Doki Service: In the event an emergency call is placed from the Device, we may record the audio of the conversation between the Device and the recipient of such call.
Non-personal or aggregate information that we collect: We automatically collect non-personal information from your use of the Doki Service, such as IP host address, device-specific identifiers, computer or smartphone configurations, pages viewed, time and usage habits on the Doki Service and similar data. It is possible at times when collecting non-personal information through automatic means that we may unintentionally collect or receive personal information that is mixed in with the non-personal information. While we will make reasonable efforts to prevent such incidental data collection, the possibility still exists. If we do inadvertently collect personal information, we will not intentionally use such personal information as if we had collected it with your consent. We may also aggregate demographic information collected from our users (such as the number of users in a particular location) in a manner which does not identify any one individual.
- respond to your inquires or requests;
- send you information about the Doki Service (such as promotions, maintenance or security information);
- send you a limited number of offers for additional products and services that may interest you, but we will not provide your personal information to third parties for them to contact you directly for their own benefit without your consent;
- permit our vendors and subcontractors to perform services, provided they are under an obligation of confidentiality and do not use the information for their own benefit;
- comply with applicable law or legal process;
- provide to a third party for their own use, such as marketing, but only if you have specifically opted-in to such third party sharing;
- investigate suspected fraud, harassment, danger to persons or property or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the terms or policies for the Doki Service or our business partners;
- share with law enforcement and other parties trying to locate a lost child, including sharing the audio content of emergency calls;
- develop and enhance our own data, such as through tracking the location of your Device, provided that any disclosures of such data does not specifically identify you, your Device or your specific location;
- transfer information in connection with the sale or merger or change of control of Doki or the division responsible for the services with which your information is associated;
- share non-personal or de-identified information with any number of parties, including analytics companies, technology providers and other business partners; or
- combine it with data from other sources outside of your use of the Doki Service, such as data obtained from wi-fi access points within range of your Device.
Auto deletion of data: We may automatically delete data from a Device or from the Doki App in connection with a returned or terminated account or device, or as necessary to protect against unauthorized access to the data.
Security: The security of your information is very important to us. We take commercially reasonable security measures to protect your personal information (including, preventing the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction of your personal information). Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are impenetrable. If you use a password on the Doki Service, you are responsible for keeping it confidential. Do not share it with any other person. If you believe your password has been misused, please contact us at [email protected] immediately.
Personal information from children: By providing the Device to a child, you represent and warrant to Doki that you are authorized by such child’s parent or guardian to enable and permit Doki to operate the Doki Service and collect and use the information from the child as stated herein.
Data retention: We may retain your information for as long as we feel that there is a business need or benefit to do so. This will include retaining location-based information.
Data Access: Doki Data collected through use of the Device and/or the Doki App, including location information, frequency of use and emergency contact information is generally not available to customers for their own, direct access. Please contact [email protected] for specific questions about access to any collected data.
Other services: As a convenience to you, we may provide links to third party services from within our Doki Service. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third party services and such links should not be construed as an endorsement of any such third party services. When you link away from our Doki Service, you do so at your own risk.
If you no longer want any data collected by Doki from the Device, then you will need to deactivate the service.
Contact: For questions or concerns relating to privacy, we can be contacted at: [email protected]